This apparatus is a kit containing 2 types of sharp crested weirs and a level gauge.
A sharp crested weir constricts an open channel flow, and helps in measuring flow rate using level gauge contained within the set.
The weirs have opening or sections at the top that allow flow; the Thomson weir with V-profile opening, the Rehbock weir with rectangular profile opening.
• Set features 2 types of sharp crested weirs; Thomson weir with V-profile and Rehbock weir with rectangular profile
• Weirs could be easily attached to edge of experimental flume of the fluid mechanics bench
• Weirs made from self-sealing PVC material
• The set includes a level gauge for measuring water level at any desired point along the flume
• Observing and comparing flow over 2 types of sharp crested weirs:
o Thomson weir with V-profile
o Rehbock weir with rectangular profile
• Determining corresponding discharge coefficients
• Comparing between theoretical and measured discharge coefficients
Scope of Delivery
Set of Weirs compatible with fluid mechanics bench