The educational unit is designed to illustrate the principle of the absorption refrigeration system. All the components necessary for the system is available to allow the students to perform wide range of experiments.
- The basic principle of absorption refrigeration is demonstrated in the educational unit with the example of an ammonia-water solution with the ammonia acting as refrigerant.
- The educational unit shows the operation sequence of an absorption refrigeration system.
- The main system components are an evaporator, an absorber, a generator with bubble pump and a condenser.
- The ammonia-water solution acts as the working medium, and the hydrogen acts as the auxiliary gas.
- The educational unit also includes a bubble pump that is used for transportation in the circuit.
- The educational unit includes a control panel which contains Emergency Switch, Main ON/OFF Switch, Generator ON/OFF Switch, Power Display Selector Switch, Heating Load ON/OFF Switch and Heating Load Adjustment Switch.
- A generator which generates heat by electrical heater is used to separate ammonia from hydrogen heated.
- The unit is equipped with a manual thermostat to adjust the desired temperature of the room with a range from - 30 to 30 °C.
- An adjustable electrical heater at the evaporator serves as the heating load.
- The educational unit is equipped with six digital indicators that are used to display the temperature and power.
- The Measuring range of the five temperature digital indicators is from -50 to
+ 200 °C, while the measuring range of the power meter digital indicator is from 0 to 200 W.