The educational unit(AR-016) is designed to illustrate the principle of the absorption refrigeration system. All the components necessary for the system is available to allow the students to perform wide range of experiments.
- The basic principle of absorption refrigeration is demonstrated in the educational unit with the example of an ammonia-water solution with the ammonia acting as refrigerant.
- The educational unit shows the operation sequence of an absorption refrigeration system.
- The main system components are an evaporator, an absorber, a generator with bubble pump and a condenser.
- The ammonia-water solution acts as the working medium, and the hydrogen acts as the auxiliary gas.
- The educational unit also includes a bubble pump that is used for transportation in the circuit.
- The educational unit includes a control panel which contains Emergency Switch, Main ON/OFF Switch, Generator ON/OFF Switch, Power Display Selector Switch, Heating Load ON/OFF Switch and Heating Load Adjustment Switch.
- A generator which generates heat by electrical heater is used to separate ammonia from hydrogen heated.
- The unit is equipped with a manual thermostat to adjust the desired temperature of the room with a range from - 30 to 30 °C.
- An adjustable electrical heater at the evaporator serves as the heating load.
- The educational unit is equipped with six digital indicators that are used to display the temperature and power.
- The Measuring range of the five temperature digital indicators is from -50 to
+ 200 °C, while the measuring range of the power meter digital indicator is from 0 to 200 W.