This educational unit is designed to investigate the operation of window air conditioner unit with a reversing valve, introduce the trainee to the common faults associated with window air conditioning unit and provide practical exercise in troubleshooting of common window air-conditioner faults. The window air conditioner trainer consists of one unit representing the common window air conditioner available in the market, this unit houses all components such as compressor, condenser, expansion valve & evaporator.
- The unit consists of a common window air conditioner, temperature and pressure sensors, digital displays, no frost sensor, control panel and a touch screen computer.
- The air conditioner is a commercial product including a compressor, condenser, evaporator, capillary tube, filter dryer, no frost sensor and a cycle reversing valve.
- The temperature and pressure sensors measures the temperature at four different points which are upstream and downstream of the condenser and upstream and downstream of the capillary tube.
- The control panel contains digital displays that shows the measured temperatures, current and voltage of the compressor.
- The control panel shows the electrical diagram and contains protected electrical testing points which the trainee uses to identify the faults.
- The touch screen computer is equipped with an interactive software capable of simulating different window air conditioner faults.
- All measured parameters are also indicated through the software along with
P- H diagram.
- The software includes practical exercises of different levels for the student to practice starting with an elementary guided level.
- The software allows the instructor to set tests for the trainee, where the instructor chooses the number of faults and the level of the test and whether the score depends on the completion time or not.
- During the test the trainee can monitor the system, use logical analysis or a multi-meter in testing components to detect malfunctions, and through the software request virtual replacement of doubtful components.
- At the end of the test the score is calculated based on the number and cost of the components requested for replacement, and on the number and cost of components presumed faulty, and a typical technician’s fare for completing the job, taking into consideration the time spent based on the instructor request.
- The software can also submit a complete report about the trainee based on attendance, progress during trainings, and test scores.
- The unit is fixed on four caster wheels to ease moving it inside the laboratory, these caster wheels are equipped with breaks to prevent the trainer from sliding during the operation, and a drawer cabinet is added for storing purposes.
- The unit is treated against rust and electrostatically painted.