The domestic refrigerator troubleshooting trainer has been designed for training on troubleshooting of electric faults of domestic refrigerator. The unit consists of a typical 2 door domestic refrigerator available in the market and a control panel. The unit is equipped with a touch screen computer with an integrated software capable of simulating common domestic refrigerator faults, additionally it allows different components to be isolated and measuring different parameters for the refrigerator components using an external multimeter device.
- The trainer features a modified typical
2- door domestic refrigerator.
- The refrigerator modifications include the electrical components having their terminals connected by a cable to the trainer for simulating electrical faults within the refrigerator.
- Additionally the cable transmits sensed feedback signals.
- A schematic diagram of the refrigerator electrical wiring is printed on the trainer,with symbol of each electrical component, and 4mm safety sockets at the symbol terminals, which allows measuring using an external multi-meter or oscilloscope.
- Temperature sensors enables measuring the freezer, fridge and no-frost heater temperature, the measured values are indicated by digital displays on the trainer.
- The trainer has a touch screen computer equipped with an interactive software of 3main purposes; class management, practicing troubleshooting of refrigerator malfunctions and performing practical examination.
- The class management functionality of the software allows the class moderator or coordinator to distribute course credit or points as desired, and manages class attendance by recording each student’s check in via his/her ID card.
- Through the software, faults of worn or broken down system component(s) can be simulated, where faulty components are to be identified and virtually replaced, in addition to isolation of individual components.
- Identification of causes of malfunctions is to be performed by instrumenting using an external multi-meter through the 4mm safety sockets.
- The software allows simulation of individual faults or a combination of faults, and includes practice exercises of varying difficulties, in addition to guided exercises.
- The software allows the class moderator or coordinator to conduct examination for class students, where the score is automatically calculated based on comparing between ideal cost of repair and a virtual bill that includes the cost of components requested for replacement by the student, time based charge of a typical technician.
- The software could submit a detailed report of performance of each student.
- The touch screen computer can be also used for other purposes such as display of multimedia or the optional E-content.
- The unit is fixed on four caster wheels to ease moving it inside the laboratory, these caster wheels are equipped with breaks to prevent the trainer from sliding during the operation.
- The unit is treated against rust and electrostatically painted.