The electric power steering trainer demonstrates a new yet dominate type of steering systems in the automotive industry. The trainer is based on a fully functional real vehicle electric power assisted steering with all its necessary components. The trainer enhances observing and understanding the operation of an electric steering power system and how this system assists the driver to turn the wheels of the vehicle accurately. In addition to fault switches to simulate the most common faults in electric power steering mechanism.
- The electric power steering trainer is mounted on a robust frame which can be easily relocated.
- The trainer is based on electric power type steering, with all the components of a real vehicle that are required for the steering operation such as: the steering wheel, rack and pinion gear box, electric motor, torque sensor, speed sensor, control unit, battery, battery charger, crank sensor, two cam sensors, four anti – lock brake sensors and tie rods of the wheels, all components are connected together to be ready for operation.
- The system is fully functional and guarantees accurate and effortless steering, where the control unit commands the electric motor attached to the pinion that drives the rack according to the vehicle speed and the amount of torque on the steering wheel feedback by the torque sensor.
- The trainee can observe clearly the full operation of the vehicle steering and how the simple mechanism of a rack and pinion connected to an electric motor can convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into linear motion needed to turn the wheels easily.
- The unit is equipped with a port for DLC unit.
- A graphic diagram of the construction, control and electric circuit of the electric steering system is printed on the main frame of the trainer.
- The model also allows observing the steering ratio, which is the ratio of rotations of the steering wheels and the turning angle of the wheels.
- The unit is equipped with four fault switches to enhance the troubleshooting skills of trainees.