This educational unit features a quarter car model of hydraulic braking system. The unit operates by applying a braking effort on a single wheel accelerated by an electric motor, and it includes equipment that help to observe how the force of the foot press magnified at the brake disc to apply enough braking effort to stop the vehicle.
- A quarter car model (single wheel) of a hydraulic braking system mounted on a robust frame which can be easily relocated.
- The unit includes all typical hydraulic braking system components necessary for the operation including braking pedal, oil reservoir, air booster, master cylinder, hydraulic circuits and a single end brake effort producing mechanism.
- An electric motor accelerates the wheel to a certain speed before brakes are applied.
- A pressure gauge displays the braking oil pressure at the wheel.
- The unit includes a detailed diagram of the hydraulic braking system.
- The end braking effort producing mechanism may be either disc braking mechanism or drum braking mechanism.