The starter motor cutaway tends to demonstrate a starter motor sectioned and mounted on a small portable frame to allow the trainees to visualize the internal construction and theory of operation.
- A sectioned starter motor mounted on a robust frame which can be easily relocated.
- The trainer allows observing the internal components of the starter motor including the stator, rotor and the functional solenoid and actuation mechanism.
- The stator motor is connected to another small electric motor that rotates the rotor.
- A schematic diagram of the stator motor construction and position with respect to engine is printed to the unit frame in addition to the operation switches of the unit.
- The unit is provided with the components of the starter assembled so the trainee can assemble it by himself.
- A choice of either petrol engine starter motor cutaway or that of a diesel engine is available.
- The unit is fixed on four caster wheels to eases its motion inside the laboratory, these caster wheels are equipped with brakes to prevent the trainer from sliding during the operation, and a drawer cabinet is added for storing the starter components.
- The unit is treated against rust and electrostatically painted.