The educational unit (BSB-006) is designed to introduce the student to air braking system of a real vehicle with all its mechanisms and components. All parts are fixed and connected to each other to allow the trainee to understand the operation method of the air braking system.
- The educational unit consists of three integrated vertical stands connected to each other, two of them demonstrate the components and connections of the truck (one for the rear brakes and the other for the front brakes), and the other stand demonstrates the components and connections of the trailer.
- The educational unit is supplied with a panel of a color schematic diagram of the air brake system of the hall heavy duty truck (truck and trailer), in addition to the educational unit power switch ON/OFF, Emergency switch, and engine speed control switch .
- The stand of the truck front brakes includes the components of the air brake system related to the truck such as: the 2 front brake chambers, front relay valve, 4-lines tank valve, air tank, stop valve, air dryer, two wheels and an air regulator valve.
- The stand of the truck rear brakes includes the 2 rear brake chambers, rear relay valve, dual brake valve, air tank, trailer glad hand (1), trailer glad hand (2), hand brake, two wheels and a foot control valve.
- The stand of the trailer includes trailer braking valve, front quick release valve, rear quick release valve, 2 front brake chambers, four wheels and 2 rear brake chamber.
- Air hoses has a quick connection terminal, allowing for easy connections and experiments.
- Each component has a label of its name printed to the educational unit by the ultraviolet technology.
- The educational unit is equipped with a separated air compressor to be connected to the educational unit top perform experiments.
- The components are arranged in the same way of the real heavy-duty truck so that it is easy for the student to imagine the real structure and connections.