The disc and drum brakes cutaways (BSB100) are benchtop training system which are designed to illustrate the braking system mechanisms that produce the end braking effort. Trainees will also get acquainted with the system internal parts, structure and working mechanism.
- A sectioned disc and drum brakes is mounted on a small robust frame to ease the relocation.
- The educational unit features real disc mechanism components including rotor (disc), braking pads, caliper and caliper piston to clarify how the braking pads are normally in contact with the rotor and how the rotor is vented to cool the brake disc after a frequent or heavy braking process.
- The educational unit features real drum braking mechanism components including braking pads, braking cylinder, drum, adjuster mechanism and how the adjuster mechanism allows calibrating the braking shoes position to allow the brakes to respond properly to the driver’s command.
- A hand brake and a cable allow observing how the braking pads press against the drum to apply braking force and are normally pulled away otherwise.
- Pressure gauges are included in the system to indicate the pressures of the first and second master cylinders.
- All the components are sectioned and showcased in different colors to allow the trainee to observe the internal construction and components.