The educational unit (BSB107) is designed to introduce the student to hydraulic braking system of a real vehicle with all its mechanisms and components. All parts are fixed and connected to each other to allow the trainee to understand the operation method of the hydraulic braking system.
- The educational unit is mounted on a safe, opened and robust frame to enable trainees to visualize clearly the components and the operation method of the real hydraulic braking system.
- The educational unit physically simulates the hydraulic braking system of a real vehicle as the front wheel rotors include disc braking mechanism, while the rear wheel rotors include drum braking mechanism.
- The front panel includes pressure gauges to display the braking oil pressure developed at each wheel and a graphic representation of each component on the surface of the chassis.
- The front panel also includes a real brake pedal and a real hand brake handle to simulate braking the wheels by hand or foot as happens in the real-life, in addition to the educational unit operation switch, emergency switch, electric motors operation switch, rear and front wheels speeds control Knobs and indication LEDs.
- The rear panel includes a detailed and colored diagram for oil path, pressure and the connection of brakes.
- The unit includes all typical real vehicle components for operation including an oil reservoir, air booster, master cylinder, hydraulic circuits and end braking effort producing mechanisms.
- The educational unit is provided with four electric motors, two of them to operate the rear wheels, the other two to operate the front wheels.
- The force applied on the vehicle's wheels can be produced manually by a hand wheel.