The ABS modulator cutaway (BSB109) is a benchtop training system which is designed to illustrate the hydraulic ABS modulator internal parts, structure and working mechanism. Using this cutaway, trainees will grasp clearly all of the topics related to the ABS modulator aiding them to perform maintenance and inspection processes later on.
- This cutaway is a subset of a larger braking system. The core focus of this cutaway is to demonstrate the ABS modulator.
- A sectioned ABS modulator is mounted on a small robust frame to ease the relocation.
- The unit is based on a real four channel ABS hydraulic modulator with two inlets from the master cylinder and 4 outlets from the solenoid valves inside the modulator.
- This educational unit features real ABS modulator components including the modulator’s pump, solenoid valves and hydraulic paths, all are visible to easily observe the connection between them and how the whole modulator works to deliver the intermittent signal to each wheel braking mechanism.
- All the components are sectioned and showcased in different colors to allow the trainee to observe how the modulator regulates braking oil pressure of each wheel individually based on commands from the vehicle’s ECU.
- Trainees can easily spot and observe ECU connections as they’re visible for users.