The manual steering trainer (BST-001) is an educational unit designed to enable the trainee to observe the traditional (non-assisted) manual steering of passenger vehicles, light trucks and SUVs. The trainer helps trainees to understand the operation of the conventional steering system and notice it convert rotational motion that may come from a steering wheel to linear motion to direct the wheels.
- The manual steering trainer is mounted on a robust frame which can be easily relocated.
- The trainer is an actual rack-and-pinion type steering system, with all its components, including the steering shaft, rack and pinion gear box, and tie rods of the wheels.
- The trainer is functional and includes a steering wheel to give rotational motion
- The trainee can observe clearly the full operation of the vehicle steering and how by simple mechanism of a rack and pinion it can convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into linear motion needed to turn the wheel.
- The trainer also allows observing the steering ratio, which is the ratio between number of rotations of the steering wheels and the turning angle of the wheels.