The wishbone (electro-air) suspension training system (BSU-005) introduces trainees to a real-life suspension system of Mercedes 220. The trainer allows trainees to get familiar with the piston parts and to identify the suspension type (double wishbone) which will allow them to be able to perform the associated repair and maintenance processes related to the system.
- The trainer allows trainees to get familiar with the piston parts and to identify the suspension type (double wishbone).
- The system consists of a real-life suspension system of Mercedes 220 mounted on a metal chassis.
- The W220 AIRmatic system is a fully supporting air suspension system which provides both static and dynamic support by means of air struts located at the wheels.
- Each strut has an air spring containing an air bag (bladder) and a dampener built-in to the one unit.
- The struts get air via a valve distribution unit from an air compressor located behind the front bumper close to the front right wheel well.
- The system is supplied with electronic level control which maintains a constant even level at the front and rear axles according to the driving and vehicle load conditions.
- The system includes active damping system (ADS) which changes the damping forces according to the road conditions and the driver's driving style.
- The road conditions are determined by vertical acceleration sensors in the body of the vehicle. The horizontal acceleration is determined by measuring the vehicle speed and turn angle.
- Using this trainer, trainees will be able to carry out a wide range of inspection, maintenance and repair processes associated to the training system.