The active suspension trainer (BSU106) is an integral system of any ground vehicle whose purpose is to isolate the vehicle and passengers from vibrations caused by road undulations. The trainer represents the functions of the electronically controlled suspension (ECS) system installed in high end vehicles (commonly known as active suspension) to allow to observe the components of the ECS and its operation.
- The trainer is made of a custom vehicle chassis accommodating electronically controlled suspension system on a shaking table, all in a robust movable construction.
- The shake table is a system that gives oscillations to the suspension system mounted on top of it that would have been given by the road.
- The shake table is supported by 4 hydraulic cylinders each can be given a different displacement to produce roll, pitch and bounce for the suspension.
- The electronically controlled suspension is typical of conventional suspension system except for the fact that the damper is replaced with a linear electric actuator.
- The unit includes all components required for system operation such as ECU, instrument panel, color location indicator, ECS mode switch, damping force actuator, steering wheel, steering angle sensor, brake switch, idle switch, accelerator, reverse button, light button, door button, self-diagnosis jack, power terminal, voltmeter and ammeter, variable controllers, air cylinder and control lever and many other components.
- By using self-diagnostic system to DLC, data values of ECS operation can be measured and with actuator's compulsory operation, individual solenoid valve can be tested.
- Pressure gauge for individual pneumatic circuit and LED operating light is installed to a color circuit diagram panel which makes it effective and systematic for understanding operating principle of ECS.
- ECS air pressure is a built-in compressor and an air tank control type.
- The unit includes a touch screen computer equipped with an interface and control software that drives the shake table and allows to simulate road conditions and driving maneuvers.
- The user can choose from the software one of the default simulation scenarios or can customize and control the simulation as the vehicle chassis also accommodates 1 seat, steering wheel, accelerator pedal and brake pedal to allow the trainee to be seated while performing a driving maneuver to investigate the behavior of the suspension system, where the screen shows a graphic representation of a road ahead with vehicle dashboard.