The stability of floating bodies is a bench top kit which is designed to study the stability of a floating body and to determine the metacenter graphically. Also, we can calculate the buoyancy of the floating body
- The educational unit consists of a plastic tank filled with water to act as a float vessel.
- Transparent bodies with different frames are used as floating bodies in the experiments.
- The experiments are conducted in a tank filled with water.
- The position of the clapmed weights can be read on scales.
- Each floating body is provided with clamped weights that can be moved horizontally and vertically making it possible to adjust the center of gravity, also others floating body is without clamped weights.
- The trainer has one horizontally movable clamped weight for adjusting the heel and scale for heel indication.