The unit can be used to investigate the crank-rocker mechanism, the double rocker mechanism and the double crank.
- The educational unit allows the trainees to investigate of a four-joint link, adjust the crank radius at three positions of the crank on the drive disk, adjust of the oscillation radius at three positions, adjust of the coupling length at five positions adjust of the input angle by turning the drive disk and measure the output angle on the angle scale of the output disk
- The four-joint link is a four-bar pivot gear as it converts rotary motion into oscillating motion.
- The experimental unit comprises the drive disk with the crank and coupling and the output disk with the rocker.
- The elements are connected to each other via pivot joints.
- The positions of the pivot joints can be varied to adjust the crank radius, oscillation radius and coupling length.
- The drive disk can be driven by the crank.
- The input angle is adjusted using the drive disk, and an angle scale is integrated into the base plate. The output angle is read at the angle scale on the output disk.
- The elements are mounted on a base plate.
- Two handles make it easy to carry and stack the unit.