The educational unit investigates a slotted crank slider, which generates a purely harmonic stroke movements. The angle of the disk could be adjusted to investigate the influence of connecting rod length and input angle on the output stroke.
- The unit can be used to generate and study purely harmonic stroke movements.
- The experimental unit comprises a rotating disk, connecting rod and fixed cylinder.
- The connecting rod is connected to the crank disk via a crank.
- At the other end, the connecting rod is connected to the fixed cylinder.
- The educational unit models a reciprocating piston.
- The angle is adjusted using the crank disk, and an angle scale is integrated into the rotating disk.
- A millimeter- precise steel ruler is attached to the cylinder to measure the stroke.
- The elements are mounted on a base plate.
- Two handles make it easy to carry and stack the unit.