A centrifugal governor (DN – 025) is a specific type of governor with a feedback system that controls the speed of an engine by regulating the flow of fuel or working fluid, to maintain a near-constant speed. The centrifugal governor training system is designed to help the trainees to learn about counteracting mechanisms and the operation of the centrifugal governor.
- This unit is very suitable to familiarize the basic concepts of a centrifugal governor, and how it works.
- The trainee will learn about the kinetics and kinematics of Porter governor, Proell governor, and Hartnell governor centrifugal systems.
- The unit consists of different governors to distinguish between countering mechanisms that use weights and those that use springs.
- The governors’ centrifugal masses can be adjusted.
- Changing the sleeve force and spring preload is available.
- The unit has an on/off switch, the speed of rotation can be adjusted using the speed control switch.
- The unit has a drive with a DC motor.
- The speed of rotation is displayed digitally