This educational unit (DPA105) features a real sectioned rear axle connected to rear wheel hubs and propeller shaft. It allows the trainee to observe how driving power is transmitted to the rear wheels.
- A sectioned rear axle with a propeller shaft mounted on a robust frame which can be easily relocated.
- The educational unit helps the trainees to observe how torque is transmitted from the transmission that located in the front of the vehicle to the rear wheels by the propeller shaft, and how the shaft allows miss-alignment between the transmission and the differential by universal joints.
- The educational unit is functional and includes all the components of a rear axle system such as the differential, axle bearings, pinion bearings, drive axles and wheels hubs.
- The unit may be operated manually by a hand wheel or electrically by an electric motor.
- The differential is sectioned and showcased with different color cross-sections and components to allow the trainee to observe the internal construction, components and working operation.
- White LEDs provide enough illumination inside differential and axle housing for the trainee to observe the construction, components and the working principles of the axle.