Diesel engine cutaway trainer (EDE-001) is an educational unit features a real 4-cylinders electronic injection diesel engine sectioned, showcased and specially modified to allow retaining the movement feature of its internal parts. The unit aims at demonstrating the diesel engine internal composition and design, in addition to the working mechanism of the four cylinders thanks to the electric motor attached to the engine which used to deliver motion to the engine setup.
- The educational unit demonstrates a sectioned four-cylinder diesel engine mounted on a robust frame.
- Starting the electrical motor connected to the engine setup, the trainee will be able to observe the operation of the compression ignition engines or diesel engines and the sequence of the 4 main strokes.
- The unit also allows to see how longitudinal motion is transformed into rotational motion by means of pistons, connecting rods and crankshaft.
- The trainer allows the trainee to observe the operation of the valve train and the timing assembly, the construction of the engine block, cylinder head, crankcase, intake and exhaust systems, and the shape and profile of most diesel engine components.
- The trainer is provided with an electric motor to generate the expected rotation coming from the engine.
- The educational unit is supplied with an operation panel that includes an ON/ OFF operation switch, emergency switch and 3-Pole Circuit Breaker.
- The flywheel and alternator are also provided to introduce trainees to their functions and to demonstrate how the energy generated from the power stroke is stored to be transferred to the following strokes.