The series and parallel configuration of pumps is designed to study the series and parallel configuration of pumps. The unit also can be used for determining the pump characteristic curves.
- The educational unit allows studying the pumps individually, in series and in parallel configuration.
- Two identical centrifugal pumps are used and interconnected by a pipe system.
- It allows operation of the pumps in series and parallel configuration.
- Manometers are used to indicate the pressures at all key points in the pipe system. In conjunction with a volumetric flow meter, pump characteristics can thereby be plotted.
- As a result of its robust construction, easily viewable measuring instruments and prepared didactic materials, the system is ideal for teaching purposes, as a demonstration model and for student experimentation.
- In conjunction with the Main hydraulic unit the system covers the following topics characteristics of centrifugal pumps, pump characteristic curves of centrifugal pumps, series and parallel configuration of pumps and determining pump power.