This educational unit demonstrates the formation and effect of water hammer and how a hydraulic ram works. The educational unit helps students to study pumping using water hammer.
- The educational unit demonstrates the formation and effect of water hammer.
- The unit includes a variable overflow tank that is used as a water source.
- The educational unit also contains a waste valve with adjustable lift, it closes cyclically due to flow force of the water.
- The water is fed to the ram via a long pipe.
- The tank with a check valve and an air volume is used as an air vessel.
- The air volume in the air vessel is varied by a vent valve.
- The water is supplied and the flow rate measured by the main hydraulic unit.
- The unit includes an elevated tank with variable pump head.