Measurement of jet forces is an educational unit which is designed for the investigation of jet forces, when a jet of water flowing with a steady velocity strikes a solid surface, the water is deflected to flow along the surface. The educational unit enables experiments to be carried out on the reaction force produced on deflectors when a jet of water impacts the deflector. The study of these reaction forces is an essential step in the subject of mechanics of fluids
- The experimental unit includes a tank made of transparent material for observing the experiments.
- The unit also includes a nozzle for generating the water jet.
- Four different shaped deflectors: flat surface, oblique surface, semi-circular surface , and conical surface.
- The force of the water jet is adjusted via controlling the flow rate that can be calculated by the main hydraulic unit.
- The jet forces generated by the water jet are measured on the weight-loaded scale.
- The experimental unit is positioned easily and securely on the work surface of the main hydraulic unit that acts as the supply of water to the unit.