The vortex formation apparatus (FM-010) is a bench top kit which prefer to be attached to the hydraulic main unit to provides highly experience for trainees, the kit illustrate the purpose of generation and investigation of free and forced Vortices. The unit introduces different inserts for the water drain.
- The experimental unit includes a transparent tank with nozzles, various inserts on the water drain, an impeller and a point gauge.
- The educational unit is distinguished by its transparent tank which allows clear observation of the vortex formation.
- The unit includes two nozzles for radial water supply into the tank, water then flows through a ring to slow down, the free vortex is created by the flow out of the tank.
- There are four easily replaceable inserts of various diameters available for the drain, the different inserts for the water drain are used to generated free vortex.
- The unit contains another two nozzles for tangential water supply which form the forced vortex.
- The impeller included in the educational unit is used to generate a forced vortex which is driven by a water jet.
- The unit contains point gauges to detect the surface profile, the speed of the vortex is also determined.
- The experimental unit is positioned easily and securely on the work surface of the main hydraulic unit module.
- The water is supplied and the flow rate measured by the main hydraulic unit.