The orifice and free jet flow is a bench top unit that prefers to be attached to the hydraulic main unit to provide high experience for trainees, the unit designed to illustrate the visualization of the water jet profile.Additionally, the contraction coefficient can be determined as a characteristic of different contours.
- The Orifice and Free Jet Flow unit consists of a cylindrical tank with an orifice plate set into its side.
- An adjustable overflow pipe is adjacent to the head tank to allow changes in the water level.
- The unit also contains a graphical white-board attached to the backboard, and the rods should be adjusted to follow the trajectory of the water jet. The positions of the tops of the rods can be marked to plot the trajectory.
- The rods can be locked, using knobs on the Holder.
- Changeable Four orifice contours with 4 mm and 8 mm diameters and 4x4 and 8x8 square jets are provided.
- The experimental unit is positioned easily and securely on the work surface of the Main Hydraulic Unit that acts as the supply of water to the unit.