This bench top flume (FM114) training system allows trainees to visualize and investigate water behavior and profiles in open channels. The system is supplied with a set of weir and gate modules that can be fixed to the system and by mixing and matching these modules, students can inspect different setups in open channels imitating scenarios that could occur in real-world around rivers and lakes. In addition trainees will get to observe clearly water profiles through visualizing injected ink behavior in water allowing them to detect swirls, water speed,..etc.
- The trainer is illustrating the streamlines during incident flow, the flow around various weirs and drag bodies
- The flume is made of a transparent material so that the streamlines and the formation of vortices can easily be observed.
- The unit is supplied with an ink injection system which consists of a tank, a flow control valve and a distributor with seven nozzles.
- The water level in the experimental flume can be adjusted by a sluice gate at the water inlet and by a weir at the water outlet.
- The unit is supplied with two weirs and four different drag bodies available for the experiments.
- The experimental unit is positioned easily and securely on the work surface of the main hydraulic unit base module from which the water is supplied.
- The drag body or a weir can be fixed in the experimental flume to be studied.
- The unit also includes a stabilizer that ensures an even and non-vortical flow of water to make it easier to perform the experiments.