The open and closed channel training system (FM127) allows trainees to test and investigate flow in open flumes or through pipes via the attaching the provided module to convert the open channel into closed channel. By mixing and matching the modules the students can inspect different setups in open and close channels to simulate real world scenarios.
- The main frame of the trainer consists of the two experimental modules.
- The experimental modules will demonstrate the operation of both open channel systems and closed channel systems.
- The trainees will be exposed to investigation of flow processes in the open and closed channel
- The control panel is provided with power on/off switch and pump on/off switch to control the operation.
- Inlet and outlet tanks are used to perform different flow types.
- Inlet control valve, outlet flow control valve, overflow control valve, and service valve are used to control the flow of the water.
- Trainees will also understand the flow processes in the closed channel pipe flow
- Adjustable sluice gate to achieve the desired height using the scale printed out on the flume.
- With the help of the fixation arm and different weirs, the trainee will be able to study the water profiles in both the upstream and downstream before and after adding the weirs.