The reaction turbine (FR-003) is an additional unit which is attached to the Base Unit for Turbines trainer. The reaction turbine is characterized by the conversion of pressure energy to kinetic energy.
- The educational unit is placed on the base unit for turbines and the two units together provide the basic experiments to determine the operating behavior and the most important characteristic variables of reaction turbines.
- The educational unit allows the observation of the water jet discharged from the rotor which drives the turbine according to the reaction principle during operation.
- The clear visibility of the operation allows understanding the principle of operation and the underlying laws (e.g. momentum).
- The educational unit consists of a rotor mounted in a transparent housing and a loading device outside of the housing. The eddy current brake generates a defined load, the eddy current brake is specially developed by Bedo. It is wearfree and can be finely adjusted.
- The torque delivered by the turbine is determined by an electronic force sensor.
- The speed is measured with an optical speed sensor.
- The measuring values are transferred to the base unit for turbines.
- The water supply and the flow rate measurement are realized with the base unit for turbines.
- The pressure sensor included in the base unit for turbines enables the recording of characteristics at a constant head