This educational unit is designed to investigate the operation of different types of pumps and investigate the operation of two centrifugal pump in series and in parallel. The unit is equipped with data acquisition system for measuring values and the characteristic curve of each pump to be drawn.
- The trainer is composed of two identical centrifugal pumps and a side channel pump.
- The trainer has a free position for mounting an external pump, the free position pump rotation is reversible and adjustable.
- Each pump has its own 3 phase electric motor.
- The centrifugal pumps motors speeds are adjusted via a frequency converter.
- The motors torque is measured by dynamo-meter configuration of the driving motors and load cells.
- The pumps inlet and outlet pressures are measured by pressure sensors.
- The system flow rate is measured using a flow meter.
- The motors rotational speed are measured and displayed.
- Digital displays on the unit indicate measured pressures, flow rate, torque, rotational speeds and electric power of the pumps.
- The data analysis software draws the pumps characteristic curves, system curves and computes efficiencies of different types of pumps.
The pumps flow rates are controlled via inlet and outlet valves.
- The data acquisition and analysis system consist of a data acquisition system, data analysis software.
- The unit includes on/off switch and emergency switch.