The pelton turbine (FR-008) is designed to allow studying the Pelton turbine and the function of an impulse turbine. The unit design is simple so the experiments can be performed easily and is particularly suitable for practical work in small groups.
- The experimental unit consists of the Pelton wheel, a needle nozzle used as distributor, a band brake for loading the turbine and a housing with a transparent front panel.
- The transparent cover enables to observe the water flow, the Pelton wheel and the nozzle during operation.
- The nozzle cross-section and thus the flow rate are modified by adjusting the nozzle needle.
- A manometer shows the water pressure at the turbine inlet.
- The turbine torque is determined by force measurement on a band brake and is read on spring balances.
- The experimental unit is positioned easily and securely on the work surface of the base module.
- The water is supplied and the flow rate measured by the base module.
- Alternatively, the experimental unit can be operated by the laboratory supply.
- Tachometer is required to measure the speed of turbine.