The axial turbine trainer (FR – 012) is designed to illustrate the function and operating behavior of an axial turbine. The unit is considered as an illustrative model of an axial turbine.
- The trainer provides the basic experiments, illustrates the principle operation of the axial turbine, determines the operating behavior and the most important characteristics variables of axial turbines.
- The educational unit features a closed water circuit with an axial turbine, a centrifugal pump and a water tank, the stator and the rotor of the axial turbine is in a transparent tank.
- In order to test turbine operation behavior and characteristic parameters an eddy current clutches or brakes and a multi-pole magnetized magnet faces an aluminum disc which is connected to a stainless-steel disc, the turning or braking torque depends on the dimensioning, the magnetic material, the number of poles, the air gap and the relative speed.
- The higher the speed, the higher the transmitted turning or braking torque. The torque or brake moment can be slightly adjusted by axial displacement that means by changing the air gap.
- The educational unit is supplied with a valve for controlling the flow rate which is measured by and a pressure sensor at the turbine inlet to detect the pressure.
- The unit also contains a force sensor to detect the torque produced by the turbine, and the speed is measured with an optical speed sensor.
- the trainer has software for data analyzing and the trainer is provided with USB interface included with the control unit.