The two-stage piston compressor training system is a stand-alone unit which is designed with the purpose of demonstration of the working mechanism of air generation in double-stage compressor and how it provides high reliability and pressure for industrial applications. Trainees can also be able to control this system through PLC system.
Using this training system, trainees will be able to inspect compression process on a P-V diagram as well as acquaintance with operation and control of such systems.
- The training system introduces trainees to the working principle of two-stage piston compressor systems where the air is compressed twice for double the pressure.
- The training system comprises two-stage compressor, intercooler, and pressure vessels.
- The intake vessel is provided with flow straightener in order to reduce disturbances in the flow greatly and eliminate any inlet distortion which in return allows to have precise readings.
- The provided intercooler is used to remove the waste heat from the first stage of two-stage air compressors.
- The second pressure vessel is supplied with manometer to measure and indicate pressure within the system.
- Steady state condition can be achieved releasing compressed air through blow off valve installed to the second pressure vessel.
- The blow off valve is supplied with a silencer in order to diffuse the released air through a larger surface area which reduces turbulence and thus decreases noise levels.
- Safety precautions are implemented in this system by a set of pressure switches and safety valves to ensure safe operation of the system and safety of the users.
- A set of sensors are fitted through the system to measure temperature and pressure throughput the system.
- All of the system readings can be displayed and analyzed on a software system that is supplied with the training system. These readings can be used later on to plot the corresponding PV diagram.
- Volumetric flowrate at the intake vessel can be determined through a provided nozzle installed within the system.
- The training system is driven by an electric motor through v-belt.
- Trainees can control, display and monitor the process through PLC system which can be operated on an external PC through USB port.
- Software display can be operated on up to 10 devices but it can only be controlled through one user.
- The training system is supplied with main ON/OFF as well as emergency button in case of any inconvenience.