This carrier is to be placed on the rails of the experimental flume; it is moved along the entire experimental section.
- The instrument carrier is intended as carrier for instruments such as the pitotstatic tube, or the level gauge.
- Using the carrier, the used instrument can be moved to nearly every point of the flow.
- The instrument carrier consists of a frame where the instrument can be fixed; this frame can be moved on rollers along the entire length of the experimental flume.
- Transverse to the flow, the frame can slide along rails to any position.
- The exact determination of the position of the used instrument is achieved with scales. The instrument carrier includes a scale with pointer transverse to the flow.
- Parallel to the flow, a pointer of the carrier is used to indicate the position on the scale of the experimental flume.