This training kit has been designed to investigate both cake & in-depth filtration methods. with a simple arrangement light weight bench-top kit, the student will be able understand the theory of filtration, the training kit represent a fundamental distinction is made between depth filtration and cake filtration.
- The training kit is made of light-weight metal chassis which accommodate different components of the system.
- Two tube manometers are provided to measure the pressure loss in the filter.
- Suspension flow from the laboratory hopper at the top down to the filter and passes through the filter medium.
- In cake filtration, the filter medium provides the foundation for build-up of the filter cake.
- In depth filtration, the filter medium supports the bulk solids (filter medium layer; gravel).
- Filter at the bottom center with sintered filter medium on its bottom to capture the particles
- Filter chamber contains (diatomite + sand)
- Ultraviolet printed drawing to illustrate different filtration methods.
- A stop watch is provided to calculate time