The module is designed to allow the trainees to investigate the functioning and behavior of a stirred tank with double jacket and coil in operation.
- The module is connected to the main unit (heat exchanger supply unit) using quick release couplings.
- The jacketed stirred tank is fitted with a coiled tube.
- In heating mode with jacket, the hot water flows through the jacket and transfers a part of the thermal energy to the cold water in the tank.
- In heating mode with coiled tube, the hot water flows through the coil and heats the cold water in the tank.
- The flow regulation valves of the heat exchanger supply unit are used adjust the flow rate of hot water.
- Temperature sensors are installed to the main unit for measuring the inlet and outlet temperature are located at the supply connections.
- Time curves can be plotted and displayed graphically during experiments.
- The measured values can be recorded and processed using data acquisition software.
- The educational unit is mounted to a robust base.