This is an additional unit (HT – 020) which can be added to the Wet cooling tower trainer to illustrate the cooling capacity with different cooling column type, which give students the ability to compare results between different types of columns.
- The cooling column contains a cooling column without a wet deck surface.
- The cooling column type 4 is placed into the wet cooling water instead of the column type 1.
- The heat transfer in the free water drop can be studied using this cooling column.
- It is also possible to insert wet deck surfaces of your own design into the cooling column.
- The cooling capacity of the different columns is compared.
- On top of the cooling column, a nozzle is mounted.
- The hot water is sprayed at the top of the cooling tower, trickles from the top to the bottom along the wet deck surface and is cooled in the process.
- The air enters the column from the bottom and flows upwards.
- The cooling column is fitted with connections for differential pressure measurement at its inlet and outlet.