Classic control trainer (MCC102) is designed with a main aim of demonstration the concept of industrial automation using components of classic control. The system is consists of two main units, first one is the system control unit which includes industrial classic control components , powering and measuring devices, digital displays in addition to three motors to be controlled. The second unit is an experimental module features an industrial automation application that consists of a centrifugal pump, 2 water tanks and control panel as an extra exercise. Using safety connecting cables trainees will be able to connect between modules for experimentation. Modular system adds more flexibility to the system making it easier and more practical to construct more and more classic control circuits using only the needed modules for the required application.
- The trainer consists of two main units
connected together to power the second
unit from the main control unit using a
- First unit is the operation & control unit that
includes all classic control components,
while the other unit features a scaled-down
industrial application that consists of a
closed loop process of controlling water
pressure in a tank.
- Main unit operation module is equipped
with ON/OFF switch, emergency switch, a
circuit breaker & 3-phase power supply.
- Modules for classic control components included in the main unit are:
- Limit switch module
- Emergency switches module
- Push buttons module
- Indication LEDs module
- ON/OFF switches module
- Selector switches module
- 3 Pole relays module
- Contactors module
- Thermal overload module
- Electronic overload module
- Digital counter module
- Digital pulse meter module
- Inverter module
- Timers module
- Two- 3phase motors
- Single-phase motor
- Terminals of each module are displayed in different colors banana sockets to allow connecting between components.
- The main unit also includes a schematic diagram of the industrial process for better understanding of the system and to help operate the process in the right sequence.
- Modules with test points for the industrial process components are included in the control panel such as:
- Pump module
- Pressure switch module
- Level electrode module
- Solenoid valve module
- Liquid level control module
- Each of the 3 electric motors provided at the main unit is equipped with a transparent cover on the rotating part to ensure system safety during training.
- A speed sensor on each motor shaft to measure its rotating speed.
- The single-phase motor is equipped with a capacitive proximity sensor near to its rotating shaft used to measure the motor speed of rotation in a certain method and display it on the digital pulse meter.
- The 1st three-phase motor is equipped with an inductive proximity sensor near to its rotating shaft used to measure the motor speed of rotation in a certain method and display it on the digital pulse meter.
- The 2nd 3-phase motor is equipped with a capacitive proximity sensor near to its rotating shaft used to measure the motor speed of rotation in a certain method and display it on the digital pulse meter.
- Using the classic control components; the trainee will be able to control motors direction of rotation also starting the motors using different methods.
- The industrial process unit contains a pressure switch to protect the pump from high pressure, a solenoid valve to control the liquid flow
- The process tank (upper) includes 3 electrode level sensors ,1st electrode is responsible for starting the pump to fill the tank, while 3rd electrode is responsible for stopping the pump and opening the solenoid valve to drain water to the lower tank till the water level is at the height of 2nd electrode.
- The main function of this unit is to measure the water level in the upper tank using the electrode level sensors. When the water level reaches a certain level that has been set by electrode level sensors, the pump stops driving water from the lower tank to the upper tank.