The G-pendulum apparatus (MV – 001) allows investigating the behavior of pendulum swings and differentiate between different types of pendulums. The apparatus also helps in the comparison between a gravity pendulum as a mathematical pendulum and a rod pendulum as a physical pendulum.
- The apparatus is composed of a mathematical pendulum that describes an ideal gravity pendulum and a physical pendulum that describes the rod pendulum.
- The apparatus includes a steel rod with a movable auxiliary mass as the rod pendulum that is mounted on a bearing.
- The suspension point can be adjusted on the bearing of the pendulum.
- The unit is equipped with additional weights for the rod pendulum.
- The apparatus is also equipped with a clamping device to allow changing the length of gravity pendulum.
- The apparatus is supplied with a stopwatch to measure the oscillation period.