Damage to gears kit (MV – 005.6) allows trainees to use of a computerized vibration analyzer and observe the gear damage from vibration behavior. Trainees will be able to study the influence of the center distance and backlash using adjustable bearing plates
- Damage to gears kit is mounted on the base plate of the machinery diagnostic base system.
- This kit is used to simulate typical damage to gears and study its effects on vibration behavior. Various gear sets with tooth damage are supplied for this purpose.
- The type of lubrication has a significant influence on the vibration signal, so grease or gear oil can be used for lubrication.
- The housing, with holes to accommodate sensors, is used for vibration experiments.
- The transparent housing cover allows the gear to be observed in operation without taking vibration measurements.
- The brake and load unit will be required to subject the gear unit to load.
- the kit can be supplied with temperature sensor for different experiments