The laboratory of plumbing represents a practical training on plumbing installations. The laboratory consisting of three simulation models for plumbing systems , a model of plumbing infrastructure installations of a small city , residential buildings simulation model & services area model.
The First Model represents a small city supplying and drainage systems. This model consists of real components such as tanks, pumps, pipes network and valves.
The Second Model represents a plumbing system for residential buildings which includes both supplying and sewage systems for residential buildings. This model contains components such as tanks, pumps, pipes network, valves and four laboratory scale residential buildings.
The Third Model features residential or commercial services area which consists of a complete plumbing & sanitary system (kitchens and bathrooms). Components of this model are in real size with a control unit that allows identifying faults to practice troubleshooting of the system.
- The plumbing laboratory comprises three different sections, an infrastructure model of a city plumbing system, a model of a plumbing system for residential buildings and a model of a plumbing system of public services or residential area.
- The infrastructure model of the city plumbing system is a model that works efficiently and represents the infrastructure for a supplying and draining system of a city and it includes real components such as tanks, pumps, pipes network, valves.
- The city model contains a large plastic tank represents the water source whether it is a direct natural source such as rivers or comes indirectly from basic water lifting station. There is also stainless-steel tank representing a water tower provided with lower bypass pipes and valves to control the water. Also, another stainless-steel tank is added to represent a sewage treatment station.
- An electric pump acts as a water lifting substation for the city and supplying and discharging pipes networks connected to the second section which represent the plumbing system for residential buildings.
- The plumbing model for residential buildings contains tanks, pumps, plumping pipes network and four mini models for residential buildings.
- A reinforced glass platform acts as a ground floor, this platform is transparent to allow inspecting the water underground infrastructure system which connected to the buildings.
- The residential buildings model features four buildings each consists of three floors, the buildings differ in their supplying systems connections and are similar in their sewage system. Appears a view room for the sewage system in front of each building through transparent platform.
- The first building is supplied with water directly from the main source. The second building is supplied using a small pump from the main source. The third building is supplied from a small pump in addition to a stainless – steel tank on the rooftop of the building. The forth one is supplied directly from the main source and has a stainless –steel tank on its rooftop.
- The buildings are provided with pumps switches (in case the buildings were provided with pumps) and there is a pressure gauge for each floor and flow control valve for each floor to control the water flow through the same floor and back to the sewage pipes system.
- The third section is a plumbing system for the public or residential services areas which features the plumbing system and the equipment for the public or residential services areas such as bathroom and kitchens.
- The third section is divided into four sections to featuring one kitchen and three bathrooms on a steel platform and reinforced glass to allow inspecting the underground plumbing system.
- The section includes a real kitchen and three real bathrooms that contain a drain of stainless – steel, an electric washing machine, two water heaters, various taps, sewage drains, a bathtub drain, a shower, washbasins, urinals, squatting toilet, WC and a bathtub.
- The model of the residential or public services areas allows inspecting the special installations of the different equipment for the kitchen and the bathrooms and to observe the plumbing system and how it works through the transparent pipes.
- A control unit simulates the faults of the plumbing system of the residential or public services areas using switches on the control unit to practice troubleshooting of the plumbing system.