The parabolic arch kit is a bench top trainer which is designed to investigate the parabolic arc. The unit offers as an option a statically determinate or statically indeterminate parabolic arc under load.
- The educational unit indicates the deformations of the arch under load and the support reactions of the arch.
- The unit includes a pre-shaped parabolic arch loading of the arch with a distributed load by way of 7 evenly distributed loads or by point loads or by suspended roadway with loads.
- The unit is provided with two arch’s support, one of the arch’s supports is fixed, the other is horizontally movable support.
- The trainer is supplied with weights to undo the movements of the movable support so it›s converted to a fixed support.
- Additional weights are added to the trainer to compensate for the vertical support reaction.
- The arch is statically determinate as long as the movable support is movable, though the arch is substantially deformed under load.
- The arch is no longer statically determinate and is deformed only to a minor degree when the movable support becomes immovable.
- All the component elements of the experiment are clearly laid-out and housed securely in a storage system.
- The complete experimental can be setup on the mounting frame.